Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Frightening Time, Indeed

Well, I believe it's time to vent to someone besides my dear wife, as I read through The Washington Post every morning. (Which, of late, simply seems to be a chronicle of State abuses (told from a not disapproving viewpoint).) Most of my observations will stem from a Post entry, for no other reason than it is "my" daily newspaper, albeit ever-shrinking.

I focus on abuses of the State -- both large and small -- as a meager attempt to balance the local, state, and national governments' amply-funded resources to monitor its citizens.

I fear that the national government's recent unprecedented extension of its tentacles into every facet of Americans' lives is only the beginning; once you have started the currency printing presses, it will take monumental will power not to dip into that well again and again. And, sadly, there is not enough willpower in Congress or the Presidency to step away from their precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment